pubkey and password auth - SSH

This is a discussion on pubkey and password auth - SSH ; Hello All, I am currently using OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL 0.9.8a. on Solaris 8. I can either use pubkey or password authentication. Is there a way to use them both simutaneously ? Thanks,...

  1. pubkey and password auth

    Hello All,

    I am currently using OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL 0.9.8a. on Solaris 8. I
    can either use pubkey or password authentication. Is there a way to
    use them both simutaneously ?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: pubkey and password auth

    onlineviewer> Hello All, I am currently using OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL
    onlineviewer> 0.9.8a. on Solaris 8. I can either use pubkey or
    onlineviewer> password authentication. Is there a way to use them both
    onlineviewer> simutaneously ?

    onlineviewer> Thanks,

    Not with the OpenSSH server. Other servers do have this capability
    (e.g. ssh.com and VanDyke).

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

  3. Re: pubkey and password auth

    Richard E. Silverman ha scritto:

    > onlineviewer> Hello All, I am currently using OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL
    > onlineviewer> 0.9.8a. on Solaris 8. I can either use pubkey or
    > onlineviewer> password authentication. Is there a way to use them both
    > onlineviewer> simutaneously ?
    >
    > onlineviewer> Thanks,
    >
    > Not with the OpenSSH server. Other servers do have this capability
    > (e.g. ssh.com and VanDyke).

    Why not?

+ Reply to Thread