I set up squid as a reverse proxy for apache on the same host. Things
seem to be working fine except the access log shows everything is a
TCP_MISS. It's running on port 3128 and apache on port 80 until I can
get things straightened out.

OS: CentOS 5
Squid: squid-2.6.STABLE6-5.el5_1.2

(Why was this so easy in 2.5 and so hard in 2.6?)

Below are the differences from default in the squid.conf file. Any
suggestions?

[root@myhost squid]# grep -A 3 '!!!' squid.conf
#!!!
#http_port 80
http_port 3128 vhost defaultsite=www.mydomain.com
--
#!!!
#cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 80 0 no-query originserver
cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 80 0 no-query originserver login=PASS
--
#!!!
#acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
#cache deny QUERY
--
#!!!
# cache_mem 8 MB
cache_mem 64 MB
--
#!!!
# maximum_object_size_in_memory 8 KB
maximum_object_size_in_memory 64 KB
--
#!!!
useragent_log /var/log/squid/useragent.log
--
#!!!
#refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320
http_access deny !to_localhost