Squid cannot load pages from port 8080 - squid

This is a discussion on Squid cannot load pages from port 8080 - squid ; Hi all, I have configured a squid server on the default 3128 port. Everything is working nicely, but when I try to load pages, which are not on the default port 80, squid returns error that there is no connection ...

  1. Squid cannot load pages from port 8080

    Hi all,
    I have configured a squid server on the default 3128 port. Everything
    is working nicely, but when I try to load pages, which are not on the
    default port 80, squid returns error that there is no connection to
    the host. For example I try to load a page on port 8080 and I get the
    error. Then I log in to the machine on which squid is running and try
    squid config, could you please help me?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Squid cannot load pages from port 8080

    wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I have configured a squid server on the default 3128 port. Everything
    > is working nicely, but when I try to load pages, which are not on the
    > default port 80, squid returns error that there is no connection to
    > the host. For example I try to load a page on port 8080 and I get the
    > error. Then I log in to the machine on which squid is running and try
    > squid config, could you please help me?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Just got started with Squid with Privoxy sending requests to Squid.
    Do you have your ACLs and http_access setup correctly?
    Is the client looking for port 3128?

+ Reply to Thread