Removing squid version from squid error footer - squid

This is a discussion on Removing squid version from squid error footer - squid ; How do I remove squid version from appearing on squid error footer Generated Sun, 25 Nov 2007 14:57:56 GMT by www.bbc.co.uk (squid/ 2.5.STABLE12) I looked in /usr/share/squid/errors but squid version in error footer is not generated in /usr/share/squid/error How can ...

  1. Removing squid version from squid error footer

    How do I remove squid version from appearing on squid error footer

    Generated Sun, 25 Nov 2007 14:57:56 GMT by www.bbc.co.uk (squid/
    2.5.STABLE12)

    I looked in /usr/share/squid/errors but squid version in error footer
    is not generated in
    /usr/share/squid/error

    How can I remove squid version from appearing on error footer?

    Can you help? Please.

  2. Re: Removing squid version from squid error footer

    Hi,

    removing squid footer completely requires you to edit the source files and recompile you squid. You can also add your own custom message there. A detailed instruction can be found here.
    techspalace.blogspot.com/2008/01/remove-squid-footer.html

    Regards,
    Rishav Upadhaya
    System Administrator
    Khanutech Networks