Reverse Proxy & Load-balancing Origin Servers - squid

This is a discussion on Reverse Proxy & Load-balancing Origin Servers - squid ; Hello everyone I understand that I can use Squid in a reverse proxy configuration to accelerate our webservers. Can squid also load-balance requests across the webservers? For example, if I have 5 webservers, can Squid load-balancing the requests across those ...

  1. Reverse Proxy & Load-balancing Origin Servers

    Hello everyone

    I understand that I can use Squid in a reverse proxy configuration to
    accelerate our webservers. Can squid also load-balance requests
    across the webservers? For example, if I have 5 webservers, can Squid
    load-balancing the requests across those 5 webservers? If so, can it
    do full-featured load-balancing, including heath-checks on the origin
    servers?

    Also, can it maintain session-state for users, so if User A's initial
    request went to orgin server 1, then all of User A's subsequent
    requests for non-cachable objects will continue to go to orgin server
    1? The reason I ask, is because some of the websites we want to
    accelerate maintain session-state with the user, and if that user is
    not directed to the same origin server for each request, the session
    is broken.

    Thanks
    Sean

  2. Re: Reverse Proxy & Load-balancing Origin Servers

  3. Re: Reverse Proxy & Load-balancing Origin Servers

    On Oct 20, 8:51 am, sean wrote:
    > http://www.safesquid.com/html/portal.php?page=46

    Thanks for the reply, but that link didn't fully answer my questions.
    While squid can load-balance requests across orgin servers, can it
    also perform health-check on the origin servers? In addition, does it
    have the ability to ensure that a user's subsequent requests are
    forwarded to the same origin server as the user's initial request?

    thanks
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread