Sharepoint behind Squid Reverse Proxy failed - squid

This is a discussion on Sharepoint behind Squid Reverse Proxy failed - squid ; I have a few web servers setup on my LAN and users on the Internet access my servers via a Squid reverse proxy. I recently setup a Sharepoint server and want some users to access it from the Internet. However, ...

  1. Sharepoint behind Squid Reverse Proxy failed

    I have a few web servers setup on my LAN and users on the Internet
    access my servers via a Squid reverse proxy. I recently setup a
    Sharepoint server and want some users to access it from the Internet.
    However, when I try to access the Sharepoint from the Internet I got
    the following error,

    Access denied.
    resource.

    However, if I configure my router to forward all http traffic (for
    testing!) to my Sharepoint server bypassing the reverse proxy, I can
    access the Sharepoint server. Therefore I think the problem should be
    with some Squid configuration is required for Sharepoint. I searched
    the Internet and found a number of users encountered similar problems
    with Squid reverse proxy + Sharepoint but none of them has a
    solution. I also found that there is a document from Microsoft for
    setting up a ISA reverse proxy for Sharepoint but I cannot switch my
    reverse proxy to ISA.

    Does anyone know how to configure Squid for Sharepoint?

    Thanks
    Barry

  2. Re: Sharepoint behind Squid Reverse Proxy failed

    Hi Barry,

    http://www.visolve.com/squid/whitepa...verseproxy.php
    got luck
    Rudi

    barrychum@gmail.com schrieb:
    > I have a few web servers setup on my LAN and users on the Internet
    > access my servers via a Squid reverse proxy. I recently setup a
    > Sharepoint server and want some users to access it from the Internet.
    > However, when I try to access the Sharepoint from the Internet I got
    > the following error,
    >
    > Access denied.
    > resource.
    >
    > However, if I configure my router to forward all http traffic (for
    > testing!) to my Sharepoint server bypassing the reverse proxy, I can
    > access the Sharepoint server. Therefore I think the problem should be
    > with some Squid configuration is required for Sharepoint. I searched
    > the Internet and found a number of users encountered similar problems
    > with Squid reverse proxy + Sharepoint but none of them has a
    > solution. I also found that there is a document from Microsoft for
    > setting up a ISA reverse proxy for Sharepoint but I cannot switch my
    > reverse proxy to ISA.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to configure Squid for Sharepoint?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Barry

  3. Re: Sharepoint behind Squid Reverse Proxy failed

    Hi Rudi,

    I actually followed this whitepaper to setup my reverse proxy. It
    works for other websites / web servers that are setup behind the
    proxy, but the Sharepoint server is the only server that failed with
    this proxy.

    Any other suggestion? I am using Squid 2.5STABLE14

    Thanks