Squid cannot resolve DNS - squid

This is a discussion on Squid cannot resolve DNS - squid ; Hi my squid cannot resolve a dns entry even i can ping the same adresse without any problem from the machine squid is running. the dns entry is correct and work well with machines in our network. the adress is ...

  1. Squid cannot resolve DNS

    Hi

    my squid cannot resolve a dns entry even i can ping the same adresse
    without any problem from the machine squid is running. the dns entry
    is correct and work well with machines in our network. the adress is
    interal and i can access the url like http://abc in a browser, but if
    the query goes through the proxy it tells me that it cannot resolve
    the address.. any idea?

    thanks alot

    Abacus

  2. Re: Squid cannot resolve DNS

    On May 29, 3:36 am, Abacus wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > my squid cannot resolve a dns entry even i can ping the same adresse
    > without any problem from the machine squid is running. the dns entry
    > is correct and work well with machines in our network. the adress is
    > interal and i can access the url likehttp://abcin a browser, but if
    > the query goes through the proxy it tells me that it cannot resolve
    > the address.. any idea?
    >
    > thanks alot
    >
    > Abacus

    The way I got around this problem was to update the Squid server's
    "hosts" file to resolve the internal address to the correct DNS name.

    Example:

    192.168.x.x example.domain.com

    This worked well for me because I only had two addresses that needed
    to be resolved internally. However, if you had much more than two,
    than this could be a tedious task.

    Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread