Hi,

Based on everyone's knowledge about squid / general caching, I thought
you guys might have some insight into my problem.

I have 5 webservers reading from two fileservers via NFS. The
webservers are using Apache 2.2 with mod_cache. The webservers cache
html, images, and videos that are not behind a .htaccess file with
Basic Authentication.

I would like the webservers to cache the content behind the .htaccess
files and re-authorize the user from the .htpasswd file when it serves
files from cache. The reason for this is that each fileserver has more
than 1TB of data on it and I'd like the webservers to cache the most
frequently used content to reduce NFS traffic and fileserver iowait. I
have Cache-Control set to "public, no-cache". mod_cache, however, does
not cache this content still.

Is there something else that will allow for my end goal? Is my
implementation incorrect?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

David Szostek

VirtualHost Entry:

Header append Cache-Control "public, no-cache"

AllowOverride All
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl