Squid on windows XP hanging and aborting - squid

This is a discussion on Squid on windows XP hanging and aborting - squid ; I've been running squid 2.6.STABLE3-NT on windows XP SP2 for some time with no real problems. However, it's started to give trouble. From time to time it hangs ( I have to not only restart it, but kill the process ...

  1. Squid on windows XP hanging and aborting

    I've been running squid 2.6.STABLE3-NT on windows XP SP2 for some time
    with no real problems.

    However, it's started to give trouble. From time to time it hangs ( I
    have to not only restart it, but kill the process itself) or abort.

    I've tried to find log-files of the time, with no joy. Looking at
    squid,conf, I can't see how to get it to log it's status so that I can
    find the problem.

    Sometimes it runs for days, sometimes it falls over every five minutes
    or so.

    What do I need to do to turn on logging?

    What is the underlying problem likely to be?

  2. Re: Squid on windows XP hanging and aborting

    Hi
    how do you set up squid to authenticate with a windows XP local user
    group using basic (popup) authentication

+ Reply to Thread