Cache Manager Connection Refused (First time install) - squid

This is a discussion on Cache Manager Connection Refused (First time install) - squid ; Please help me, I've spent 6 straight hours on this issue :-( , I am having a problem at home. I've read all documentation I can find anything on my specific cachemgr.cgi access issue I've compiled and installed squid and ...

  1. Cache Manager Connection Refused (First time install)

    Please help me, I've spent 6 straight hours on this issue :-( , I am
    having a problem at home. I've read all documentation I can find
    anything on my specific cachemgr.cgi access issue

    I've compiled and installed squid and it seems to proxy and log fine..
    (I am browing through my proxy right now)
    -- FC6 on an i386 box

    Apache is installed on the same machine squid is

    My problem is after I fill out the form I get Connect (111) Connection
    refused after hitting the 'continue' button on the first cachemgr web
    form. (Also I only have a cache server (Forced to localhost)),
    Manager name and password. (Looks like this)

    http://mysquidproxy/squid/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi

    --------------
    Cache Manager Interface
    This is a WWW interface to the instrumentation interface for the Squid
    object cache.
    Cache Server: localhost (Only item in a drop down list)
    Manager name:
    Password:
    [continue]

    (INTERESTING it doesn't ask me for Server Port or let me type in a
    different server name)

    I am running squid on tcp port 4567 and apache is running on port 80.
    I've copied the cachemgr.cgi file to /usr/local/squid/bin

    Here are some cuts from relevant lines in config files (I know they
    are much more wide open then necessary however, i've been trying to
    get this working. Can someone tell me where to look? Thank you.

    Some relevant lines in httpd.conf :
    ScriptAlias /squid/cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/squid/cgi-bin/"

    Some of my squid.conf :
    http_port 4567
    acl my_network src 192.168.98.0/24
    http_access allow manager localhost
    http_access allow manager my_network
    http_access deny manager
    cachemgr_passwd mypassword all

    Finally, I can see information when I type :
    /usr/local/squid/bin/squidclient -p 4567 mgr:info
    (That dumps all sorts of the information i want to see)

    finally here are the permissions on the cachmgr.cgi : (As you can tell
    I made it wide open)
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 67638 Mar 25 16:28 cachemgr.cgi

    Please let me know if you need more information I'd be happy to share
    it)

    Oh, apache is running on the same server the squid proxy is running
    on.. and it doesn't even work from the local proxy itself using a
    browser on him. (Same error)

    Do I need to connect to the cachemgr.cgi on the port 4567 or just to
    the apache port 80 when viewing this cachemgr?

    Thank you in advance

  2. Re: Cache Manager Connection Refused (First time install)

    I forgotten to mention, this error pops up either local or remote,
    when I connect on port 80 or 4567 and no matter which username
    password combo I provide to the form.

    Thank you..

    -- out of ideas

  3. Re: Cache Manager Connection Refused (First time install)

    Sorry for the multiposts, however I forgot to mention : SQUID
    2.6.STABLE12

  4. Re: Cache Manager Connection Refused (First time install)

    AHHH Fixed it! (Just a blind guess) I needed to change my
    cachemgr.conf to use my 'nonstandard' tcp port....

    That should be better placed in the documentation... I couldn't find
    it anywhere...

  5. Re: Cache Manager Connection Refused (First time install)

    Quote Originally Posted by AntGoodlife View Post
    AHHH Fixed it! (Just a blind guess) I needed to change my
    cachemgr.conf to use my 'nonstandard' tcp port....

    That should be better placed in the documentation... I couldn't find
    it anywhere...
    Yeah i agree, this was happen to me too

+ Reply to Thread