Cannot resolve non-FQDN - squid

This is a discussion on Cannot resolve non-FQDN - squid ; I have setup a squid proxy server with squidGuard. The only problem I am encountering is that when I try to access a url that is a non-FQDN standard such as, http://website , I get "The cache was not able ...

  1. Cannot resolve non-FQDN

    I have setup a squid proxy server with squidGuard. The only problem I
    am encountering is that when I try to access a url that is a non-FQDN
    standard such as, http://website, I get "The cache was not able to
    resolve the hostname presented in the URL. " The webserver is sitting
    on our local lan and is configured correctly to accept the different
    headers.

    This is happens only to the users that are using the proxy and trying
    to access the site via, http://website.

    They can access the site when using the FQDN, http://website.domain.com.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    Pauly

    "Named must your fear be before banish it you can." - Yoda

  2. Re: Cannot resolve non-FQDN

    On Mar 15, 4:23 pm, "Pauly" wrote:
    > I have setup a squid proxy server with squidGuard. The only problem I
    > am encountering is that when I try to access a url that is a non-FQDN
    > standard such as,http://website, I get "The cache was not able to
    > resolve the hostname presented in the URL. " The webserver is sitting
    > on our local lan and is configured correctly to accept the different
    > headers.
    >
    > This is happens only to the users that are using the proxy and trying
    > to access the site via,http://website.
    >
    > They can access the site when using the FQDN,http://website.domain.com.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Pauly
    >
    > "Named must your fear be before banish it you can." - Yoda

    I wish I could say that I changed a setting or installed a flux
    capacitor to make it work but that would be un-true. I returned to
    the office the next day and it started working. If I find the
    solution I will post it.

+ Reply to Thread