squid configuration internal ipaddress - squid

This is a discussion on squid configuration internal ipaddress - squid ; Hi, I'm trying to setup squid with the following way: --Ext. Net -- FrontEnd Squid --- Cross over --- BackEnd I want to isolate the back end webserver from the public network and therefore I setu-up a front ...

  1. squid configuration internal ipaddress

    Hi,

    I'm trying to setup squid with the following way:

    --Ext. Net -- FrontEnd Squid --- Cross over --- BackEnd

    I want to isolate the back end webserver from the public network and
    therefore I setu-up a front end server that runs squid and which his
    connected to the back end via cross over cable in one of its
    interface.

    I have squid running as reverse proxy accelerator for the the back
    end .

    The problem is when the clients try send a POST request, they try to
    connect directly to the back end server which has fake address (only
    known to the front end).

    Do you know what might be wrong with my setup, I would like that all
    my HTTP requests would go via the front end squid server.

    Thank you best regards
    Hugo

  2. Re: squid configuration internal ipaddress

    Hello Hugo,

    > The problem is when the clients try send a POST request, they try to
    > connect directly to the back end server which has fake address (only
    > known to the front end).

    if the browser tries to send the POST data to the private IP obviously
    the form's action or ajax setting is set to do so. Perhaps your
    application hands out absolute URLs including a host-name resolving to
    the private ip or the ip itself?

    Regards
    Manfred

  3. Re: squid configuration internal ipaddress

    Hi ,

    Thank you for your answer, is there any way to confirm if the form is
    using relative or absolute addresses?
    >From what I can see (dump on the network the interface) after the POST

    the back end server replies 302 with the absolute location off the
    page,
    including the internal address 192.168.0.77.

    D ¨^@^L¨^@^M±ë^@P^Fo¼DD c#P^X^Vk^@^@POST /
    whtm_error_no_multiclient_support_form HTTP/1.0^M
    Host: 192.168.0.77^M
    Cache-Control: max-age=0^M
    Connection: keep-alive^M
    ^M
    ¶<86>ñE%¥^E^@Z^@^@^@Z^@^@^@^@^BUþ3õ^@0HR^Bä^H^@E^@ ^@L²^]@^@@^F^G
    %¨^@^L¨^@^M±ë^@P^Fo¾®D
    c#P^X^V[1m<8e>^@^@htm_universalSubmit=Force
    +Connecti^@^@^@^@^@^@^@0HR^B
    ^@^BUþ3õ^H^@E^T^@fH^@^@<^F<96>l¨^@^M¨^@^L^@P±ëD
    c#^Fo¾P^X^P^@^CI^@^@HTTP/1.1 302 Found^M
    Location: http://192.168.0.77/US/En_US-En_US-1193584791/whtm_load_index.htm^M
    Server: Allegro-Software-RomPager/3.12^M

    Is there any way to change this behavior externally without changing
    the application ?

    Thank you best regards
    Hugo

    On 10 Mrz., 10:10, "manfred.doh...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > Hello Hugo,
    >
    > > The problem is when the clients try send a POST request, they try to
    > > connect directly to the back end server which has fake address (only
    > > known to the front end).

    > if the browser tries to send the POST data to the private IP obviously
    > the form's action or ajax setting is set to do so. Perhaps your
    > application hands out absolute URLs including a host-name resolving to
    > the private ip or the ip itself?
    >
    > Regards
    > Manfred

+ Reply to Thread