Hello,

I want to setup squid to ballance incoming requests as a reverse
proxy. These are the key issues of the setup:

- HTTP requests on port 80
- HTTPS requests on port 443
- round robin more than one cache peer/backend server
- each handling the requests accordingly on port 80 or 443

Until now i tried the setup with Squid 2, but this is no decisive
factor. This is how far i've got for now:

http_port 80 defaultsite=example.org
https_port 443 defaultsite=example.org:443 cert=/tmp/test.pem
cache_peer 192.168.0.10 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin
name=server1
cache_peer 192.168.0.11 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin
name=server2
#cache_peer 192.168.0.12 parent 443 0 no-query ssl proxy-only
originserver round-robin sslflags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER

Forwarding of requests to port 80 on a backend server worked. The
central question is if one can specify to forward port 443 requests to
a 443 destination port and if one can establish some sort of cache-
peer-group to have a couple of servers handling port 80 requests and
others for port 443. Or do I have to run two instances of squid with
different configuration?

Thanks in advance
Manfred