Hi,

We are using squid to filter web traffic using havp. There is no
caching involved but we do requred our users to authenticate using
auth_param_basic_program which calls a perl script which in turn does a
mysql lookup.

I've been able to provide failover and a certain level of load
balancing using ldirectord from ultramonkey as long as I set
persistancy in ldirectord.

This is not an ideal situation as it doesn't provide true load
balancing. We have found that unless persistancy is set, when a user
jumps to the other squid they are forced to re-authenticate.

Is there a way to have the authentication data replicate amongst all of
the squid proxies?

Thanks

Brian