SquidNT false windows error - squid

This is a discussion on SquidNT false windows error - squid ; Hi all! I'm testing squid for win SquidNT 2.6 ( http://squid.acmeconsulting.it/SquidNT26.html ) on Win XP Pro. All works fine. Start, stop, reread conf files, etc. But When I run any command like: squid -n servicename [-f configfile] -k reconfigure | ...

  1. SquidNT false windows error

    Hi all!

    I'm testing squid for win SquidNT 2.6
    (http://squid.acmeconsulting.it/SquidNT26.html) on Win XP Pro. All
    works fine. Start, stop, reread conf files, etc. But When I run any
    command like:

    squid -n servicename [-f configfile] -k reconfigure | rotate |
    shutdown | interrupt | kill | debug | check

    although all works fine, windows pops up a error window saying the
    text below.

    "SquidNT - Main executable found a problem and needs to be closed.
    If you were doing some operationm your informations may be lost.
    For more help _click_here_"

    clicking...

    Error signature:
    AppName: squid.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: advapi32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0002869a

    Its a dummy error msg, because I searched squid log and tested access
    but nothing stops or works bad.
    I just want a way for avoid such dummy window.
    Any hint is welcome.

    Thank you
    Tom Lobato

  2. Re: SquidNT false windows error

    Well, thank you all. I was solved.

    The real version I was running was 2.3, not 2.6 as I said. Such version
    had indeed this bug, upgrading to 2.6 solved all.

    Tom Lobato escreveu:

    > Hi all!
    >
    > I'm testing squid for win SquidNT 2.6
    > (http://squid.acmeconsulting.it/SquidNT26.html) on Win XP Pro. All
    > works fine. Start, stop, reread conf files, etc. But When I run any
    > command like:
    >
    > squid -n servicename [-f configfile] -k reconfigure | rotate |
    > shutdown | interrupt | kill | debug | check
    >
    > although all works fine, windows pops up a error window saying the
    > text below.
    >
    > "SquidNT - Main executable found a problem and needs to be closed.
    > If you were doing some operationm your informations may be lost.
    > For more help _click_here_"
    >
    > clicking...
    >
    > Error signature:
    > AppName: squid.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: advapi32.dll
    > ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0002869a
    >
    > Its a dummy error msg, because I searched squid log and tested access
    > but nothing stops or works bad.
    > I just want a way for avoid such dummy window.
    > Any hint is welcome.
    >

    > Thank you
    > Tom Lobato

+ Reply to Thread