Hi folks,

In my company we had one Windows 2000 domain called kochi.example.com
(Private DNS) and
one Redhat Linux proxy Server(for internet)

Now the squid is working is fine. We can able to access the internet..

In a Internet client machine,

But if we want to access the intranet access sites(for example
mumbai.example.com,madras.example.com),
we have to include the entries
in Internet Explorer - tools-Internet settings -Lan Settings - Do not
use the proxy server for local address - In exceptions tab we have to
specify
*.example.com..

In an intranet client machine,

We can access intranet access perfectly by giving dns ip without proxy
..

Now the management team wants to do this...

All requests to both internet (www.yahoo.com) sites and intranet
(kerala.example.com) sites goues through proxy. If it is

a intranet site it should be redirected this to Windows 2000 Domain
(for resolving). Internet Sites should go through proxy as it is.

For that I made entry in proxy server /etc/resolv.conf

my private dns ip
my public dns ip

Now internet is not working..because all requests goes through private
dns ip.

Precisely, they want to eliminate the settings(Do not use the proxy
server for local address - In exceptions tab we have to specify
*.example.com..). Only they want to specify the proxy ip address and
its port (for local intranet specifing the dns server ip).

What Should I do ?