Secure sites not accessible by Squid - squid

This is a discussion on Secure sites not accessible by Squid - squid ; I am unable to access the secure sites with my squid configured server. Whenever i try to access such sites, for example https://infinity.icicibank.co.in/Login.jsp or infinity.icicibank.co.in:443 , it fives an error saying network not reachable. The problem is with URL beginning ...

  1. Secure sites not accessible by Squid

    I am unable to access the secure sites with my squid configured server.
    Whenever i try to access such sites, for example
    https://infinity.icicibank.co.in/Login.jsp or
    infinity.icicibank.co.in:443 , it fives an error saying network not
    reachable.
    The problem is with URL beginning with HTTPS or having port 443, means
    secure sites. Otherwise it is working fine.
    Please suggest what configuration is required to access such sites.
    I am using Fedora Core ver 4-based Linux distro with Squid version
    squid-2.5.STABLE13-1.FC4.

    Regards

  2. Re: Secure sites not accessible by Squid

    For this You have to allow the port 443 to be accept in the acl list of
    your sqiud config file, then it will work...

    dbmaster1443@rediffmail.com wrote:
    > I am unable to access the secure sites with my squid configured server.
    > Whenever i try to access such sites, for example
    > https://infinity.icicibank.co.in/Login.jsp or
    > infinity.icicibank.co.in:443 , it fives an error saying network not
    > reachable.
    > The problem is with URL beginning with HTTPS or having port 443, means
    > secure sites. Otherwise it is working fine.
    > Please suggest what configuration is required to access such sites.
    > I am using Fedora Core ver 4-based Linux distro with Squid version
    > squid-2.5.STABLE13-1.FC4.
    >
    > Regards

+ Reply to Thread