I'm implementing Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE14 on Solaris 10 as an
accelerator in front of my Apache web servers. My testing shows that it
works as desired when limiting caching to know static file types
(extensions, e.g., .gif, .jpg, .png, .ico).

I have a question about how Squid identifies cached items. Is it based
only on the URL or does it take the query string and/or cookies into
account also? I'd like to cache dynamic pages for a short period.
However, often the content is different based on query-string or cookie
values. If Squid does not differentiate between these, I could end up
showing one customer's information to another customer. This is not good.

Suggestions, pointers, etc. welcomed.

Thanks,
Jim