authenticaion not working - squid

This is a discussion on authenticaion not working - squid ; Hi all. im working on a filter There is one user dude that is allowed to any web site There is another user "kid" that is only allowed to say barbie.com I have read and googled and still it doesn't ...

  1. authenticaion not working

    Hi all. im working on a filter
    There is one user dude that is allowed to any web site
    There is another user "kid" that is only allowed to say barbie.com

    I have read and googled and still it doesn't work
    What doesn't work is that
    I can type in kid(username) and the password but it will still let me
    go to any website.
    Even though I have the proper whitelist, where the file whitelist has
    the line "barbie.com"

    Here are the changes that I have made to acl and http_access:
    -------------------------------
    auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/squid/passwd

    #####CHANGE
    acl myUser proxy_auth dude
    acl kidUser proxy_auth kid
    acl whitelist dstdomain "/etc/squid/whitelist"

    http_access allow myUser
    http_access allow kidUser whitelist

    ##### CHANGE
    acl our_networks src 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.2.0/24
    http_access allow our_networks

    ----------------------------------
    What is going on?

  2. Re: authenticaion not working

    I did some more experimenting and I took out the these last lines

    > ##### CHANGE
    > acl our_networks src 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.2.0/24
    > http_access allow our_networks

    I wonder if what was happing is that squid was going thourhgt each
    http_access
    and ran into this last one with pretty much allows any internal IP
    address to go through?

+ Reply to Thread