restrict access to a group of users - squid

This is a discussion on restrict access to a group of users - squid ; hey guys i am using squid for internet sharing. and now i want to configure it to restrict access to internet for a certain group of users. can anyone help me........

  1. restrict access to a group of users

    hey guys
    i am using squid for internet sharing. and now i want to configure it
    to restrict access to internet for a certain group of users. can anyone
    help me.....

  2. Re: restrict access to a group of users

    ban wrote:

    > hey guys
    > i am using squid for internet sharing. and now i want to configure it
    > to restrict access to internet for a certain group of users. can anyone
    > help me.....

    You need to read about acls
    You will have to create groups of those certain users and groups of
    websites if required
    Then combine them to create allow/deny rules

    http://squid.visolve.com/squid/squid...s_controls.htm

    Thanks
    Ram

    PS: This is for spamtraps