DelayPool + AUTH and ACL - squid

This is a discussion on DelayPool + AUTH and ACL - squid ; Dear Bro's There are something ambiguous for me: I use these ACL definitions: acl LAN src 192.168.0.0/24 acl password proxy_auth user1 and these access rules: http_access allow password http_access allow LAN about proxy_acl access lists, I want have squid do ...

  1. DelayPool + AUTH and ACL

    Dear Bro's

    There are something ambiguous for me:

    I use these ACL definitions:

    acl LAN src 192.168.0.0/24
    acl password proxy_auth user1

    and these access rules:

    http_access allow password
    http_access allow LAN

    about proxy_acl access lists, I want have squid do this for me:

    -- Some people can use squid for internet access with username/password

    -- Also Allow people use squid for internet access without entering any
    username/password

    I want to use this in combination with delay_pools to give some people
    privilage to use special Bandwidth if they use their username password,
    and other use a regular limited Bandwidth.

    But as I configured, when I try to access with username/password it is
    OK and have Bandwidth, but I cannot use squid with out providing
    username/password it does not allow me to get through w/o
    username/password and gives a access denied page.

    The things that made me look for this were these sentences:
    quote:
    You can combine username/password access-lists and speed-limits. You
    can, for example. allow users that have not logged into the cache
    access to the Internet, but at a much slower speed than users who have
    logged in. Users that are logged in get access to dedicated bandwidth,
    but are charged for their downloads.

    from:
    http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/la...tml/x1982.html

    Please let me know, what I did wrong? and how should I do what is sayed
    in that quote below?

    TIA
    Best Regards

  2. Re: DelayPool + AUTH and ACL