proxy for local web content read via NFS mount... - squid

This is a discussion on proxy for local web content read via NFS mount... - squid ; Hi, I am wondering what sort of Squid setup I might need to configure to do the following: I have one main fileserver and many webservers behind a load-balancer. Web traffic gets routed to the webservers and the webservers read ...

  1. proxy for local web content read via NFS mount...

    Hi,

    I am wondering what sort of Squid setup I might need to configure to do
    the following:

    I have one main fileserver and many webservers behind a load-balancer.
    Web traffic gets routed to the webservers and the webservers read
    web-data through an NFS share on each webserver reading from the
    fileserver.

    What would speed up this whole process by eliminating disk-reads from
    the fileserver would be using Squid on each of the webservers to cache
    the most frequently used files read from the fileserver up to say a 5GB
    cache limit. Only if a file wasn't cached would it read from the
    fileserver via NFS.

    Is this possible? How would Squid have to be configured to do something
    like this?

    Thanks in advance for your help and expertise,
    Dave

  2. Re: proxy for local web content read via NFS mount...

    *bump*

+ Reply to Thread