How to get user and site report from sarg? - squid

This is a discussion on How to get user and site report from sarg? - squid ; I'm working on setting up squid and sarg on a linux system for the purpose of producing reports on what users are visiting what web sites. I have squid and authentication working OK, and squid's access.log file contains the information. ...

  1. How to get user and site report from sarg?

    I'm working on setting up squid and sarg on a linux system for
    the purpose of producing reports on what users are visiting what
    web sites. I have squid and authentication working OK, and squid's
    access.log file contains the information. However, when I run
    "sarg -e stdout" (ultimately the report will be emailed), all
    that appears is the aggregate number of bytes and a few other
    statistics for each user, no sites listed.

    I've tried changing the "report_type" parameter is sarg.conf,
    but that does not seem to change the report that is output.
    Have not found an answer via google yet. How can I get sarg
    to output the sites visited by each user?

    --
    Roger Blake
    (Subtract 10 for email.)

  2. Re: How to get user and site report from sarg?

    Never mind -- I was trying to use the sarg "-e" option to generate
    a report to be emailed to an administrator. I missed the part in "TFM"
    where it says that this option only generates a fixed, simple report.

    So instead I let sarg generate the HTML report and use lynx to convert
    to plain text for emailing.

    --
    Roger Blake
    (Subtract 10 for email.)