WCCP and linux 2.6.9 GRE - squid

This is a discussion on WCCP and linux 2.6.9 GRE - squid ; Dear All, I have been struggling to get SQUID's WCCP to work with my CISCO router for a number of days now and have tried everything I can think of. I've got about six versions of the kernel on my ...

  1. WCCP and linux 2.6.9 GRE

    Dear All,

    I have been struggling to get SQUID's WCCP to work with my CISCO
    router for a number of days now and have tried everything I can think
    of. I've got about six versions of the kernel on my webcache and am
    currently trying to use the 2.6.9 version whos GRE implementation is
    supposed to support the non-standard type CISCO use for WCCP.

    What I'm seeing from my TCP dump is that the gre packets are
    arriving on cue, but just seem to be disapearing. I've set up my GRE
    tunnel as best I can and am using the simplest iptables settings I can
    think of - but I can't find out where they are going.

    I'm more than willing to post all my config files here if someone
    feels like helping, but I wondered if there was something obvious I'm
    missing first. And also to ask if anyone knows how to trace a packet
    through the GRE driver. Where does it go next? How can I log it? Is it
    my iptables setting that are filtering it? How can I locate the
    problem?

    My thanks in advance for your help,

    Ben.

  2. Re: WCCP and linux 2.6.9 GRE

    Update:

    I've been able to log the packets on the nat FORWARD part of the
    IP table and I can see the GRE packets matching the criteria. I then
    REDIRECT them to the webcache port. Is there a way I can test if they
    are arriving on that port? (still no Access.log in SQUID). I also
    notice that the packets have the source IP address of the client
    machine (ie inside the LAN defined by the CISCO router). Is this
    correct? How does the webcache know the reply needs to go via the CISCO
    router?

    I have also notice that if I do a #sh ip wccp web-cache details -
    Everything looks fine except for the first line which says "Web Cache
    ID: 0.0.0.0". Is this OK? if I do #sh ip wccp web-cache view I get
    the correct IP address of the web cach appearing.

    Please - if anyone can help I am in dire need of assistance. The GRE
    requests are just not getting through...

    My thanks in advance,

    Ben.

+ Reply to Thread