transparent proxy and url redirects to https - squid

This is a discussion on transparent proxy and url redirects to https - squid ; ok.. I'm going to try and explain this best I can. I am using a cisco router to transparent proxy to a mac running squid. All requests for port 80 work fine. The problem happens when a url redirects to ...

  1. transparent proxy and url redirects to https

    ok.. I'm going to try and explain this best I can.

    I am using a cisco router to transparent proxy to a mac running squid.
    All requests for port 80 work fine.

    The problem happens when a url redirects to https, for example,
    http://www.boh.com goes to https://www.boh.com/personal, the browser
    times out.

    I am sure that my cisco is only forwarding port 80 back to the squid
    server, so I know it's not getting lost there.

    Also, if I configure my browser to use the squid proxy for secure
    connections, everything works as advertised.

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    thanks

    sb

  2. Re: transparent proxy and url redirects to https

    Sir,
    I have a linux server with RH9 which is running Squid with
    minimum configuration. The clients are Win2k Professional.In the
    browser setting , connection option under Tool menu, i have given this
    Server address and default port 3128. It is working fine

    Some body changes these settings or untick this option without my
    knowledge. Next who sit that machine won't get net, and i have to go
    and correct it.This make me problem. is there any way without using
    this option for getting net.

    Please reply

+ Reply to Thread