access ports with squid - squid

This is a discussion on access ports with squid - squid ; I've recently installed squid on my FC4 home machine, and everything is running quite nicely, except for a couple of problems accessing ports 2095, 2096 and 2082 on my webserver which allows me to log into CPanel and my webmail. ...

  1. access ports with squid

    I've recently installed squid on my FC4 home machine, and everything is
    running quite nicely, except for a couple of problems accessing ports
    2095, 2096 and 2082 on my webserver which allows me to log into CPanel and
    my webmail.

    I've added these ports to squid.conf using "acl Safe_ports
    port 209/2096/2082" but I'm still getting an error 13 "Permission Denied"
    page when I try to access webmail/CPanel with my browser. It seems I'm
    also having trouble accessing online radio sites that use port 8000. I've
    played about with the squid.conf, but I'm going to have ditch Squid if I
    can't get access to these ports that I need and want access to. Can
    anyone help me?

  2. Re: access ports with squid

    This is what I have done and it seems to work ok:

    acl Safe_ports [Insert your ports]
    acl [service name] port [port #] this will have to be done for each
    service/port

    http_access allow [service name you defined in acl] again, one line
    for each service

    Like I said, it seems to be working for me, hope it can help you too.

    Andy

+ Reply to Thread