swap.state problem - squid

This is a discussion on swap.state problem - squid ; Hello Everyone I experience strange problem with swap.state file. When this file is created (e.g when squid is restarted) it's owned by root and group owner is root. Because the squid effective user is proxy this cause squide crash. How ...

  1. swap.state problem

    Hello Everyone
    I experience strange problem with swap.state file. When this file is
    created (e.g when squid is restarted) it's owned by root and group
    owner is root. Because the squid effective user is proxy this cause
    squide crash. How can I avoid this ? What might be the problem ?
    I installed squid on Debian Sarge using deb packages. I would be
    greatful for your help.

  2. Re: swap.state problem

    Check chapter 4 of the Squid documentation
    http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net
    It has a lot of info about directory permissions and their relation to
    your problem.

    HTH,

    Andy

+ Reply to Thread