other program than squidGuard - squid

This is a discussion on other program than squidGuard - squid ; Hi I'm using squidGuard, but there are no newer releases and now, I wan't to know, if sombody knows an alternative to squidGuard to handle big lists of blacklists. Best regards Urs ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- ...

  1. other program than squidGuard

    Hi

    I'm using squidGuard, but there are no newer releases and now, I wan't
    to know, if sombody knows an alternative to squidGuard to handle big
    lists of blacklists.

    Best regards

    Urs

  2. Re: other program than squidGuard

    ufdbGuard is based on squidGuard but 8-9 times faster.
    ufdbGuard is free and can be downloaded from http://www.urlfilterdb.com
    or http://sourceforge.net

    ufdbGuard has a multithreaded daemon that has one copy of the database
    in memory
    and does 25,000 URL verifications/sec on a 2.8 GHz Intel CPU.

    -Marc

    Urs von Ballmoos wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm using squidGuard, but there are no newer releases and now, I wan't
    > to know, if sombody knows an alternative to squidGuard to handle big
    > lists of blacklists.
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Urs

  3. Re: other program than squidGuard

    Thank you, I've alredy read the documentation and I think, this is the
    solution for my problem.

    Best regards
    Urs