I would like to be able to alter the server information that is usually
returned in a HEAD request or with any web page. Instead of returning
Apache and the version and the version of PHP I'm running and all that
I want to be able to return either none of that info or misleading
information such as Microsoft IIS 4.0.

I am currently running squid as a reverse proxy on the same box I am
running my web server on.

Also, in addition to that question, is there anything I should be doing
in Squid to help protect my web server more? Are there any good guides
for running this as a reverse proxy that go beyond how to get it
running and into what ACLs you should be using or anything else Squid
can do for you to protect the web site?

Thanks,
Matt