squid parent proxy problems - squid

This is a discussion on squid parent proxy problems - squid ; Hi all, I have a squid proxy on my side of a WAN, trying to use an internet connected squid on the other side as a parent proxy. On my proxy, I am using ntlm authentication, while on the parent ...

  1. squid parent proxy problems

    Hi all,

    I have a squid proxy on my side of a WAN, trying to use an internet
    connected squid on the other side as a parent proxy.

    On my proxy, I am using ntlm authentication, while on the parent proxy
    I have configure that the child proxy does not need authentication.

    It doesn't work properly! Most pages don't load correctly, mainly with
    missing images, and also if I click refresh in a browser I just get
    instant TCP_DENIED - although If I wait a few seconds then click
    refresh again it will attempt to load the page again.

    Is there a problem mixing ntlm and basic authentication in a cache
    hierarchy ? (the old ' two TCP_DENIED for every request' problem ?) If
    I disable authentication on my child proxy, everything works fine

    Thanks,

    Craig

  2. Re: squid parent proxy problems

    craig.athome@virgin.net (craig) wrote in message news:<26ca3cec.0408250428.4e6d011f@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a squid proxy on my side of a WAN, trying to use an internet
    > connected squid on the other side as a parent proxy.
    >
    > On my proxy, I am using ntlm authentication, while on the parent proxy
    > I have configure that the child proxy does not need authentication.
    >
    > It doesn't work properly! Most pages don't load correctly, mainly with
    > missing images, and also if I click refresh in a browser I just get
    > instant TCP_DENIED - although If I wait a few seconds then click
    > refresh again it will attempt to load the page again.
    >
    > Is there a problem mixing ntlm and basic authentication in a cache
    > hierarchy ? (the old ' two TCP_DENIED for every request' problem ?) If
    > I disable authentication on my child proxy, everything works fine
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Craig

    Oops! it was my fault - I had been messing around with maxconn
    settings, and had too few connections allowed !

    Cheers,

    Craig

+ Reply to Thread