Incorrect MIME type - squid

This is a discussion on Incorrect MIME type - squid ; Hi, I have a squid proxy server which usually runs fine, except for one page on one site with the name of Readme.html. Squid returns the MIME type of this file as text/plain, despite being explicitly told in /etc/squid/mime.conf that ...

  1. Incorrect MIME type

    Hi,

    I have a squid proxy server which usually runs fine, except for one page
    on one site with the name of Readme.html.

    Squid returns the MIME type of this file as text/plain, despite being
    explicitly told in /etc/squid/mime.conf that anything ending with html
    should be text/html.

    I have tried resetting squids cache (by means of deleting and recreating
    the /var/spool/squid directory), clearing store.log, and client -m PURGE
    commands, but to no avail.

    Is there a generic solution to this type of problem?

    thanks,
    Greg

  2. Re: Incorrect MIME type

    I mean, if squid's mime.conf says *.html shalt be "text/html" then
    surely that MIME type should be returned to the browser, no?

    The silly thing is that nobody else that I can find seems to have had
    this problem.

    Greg

    Greg T wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a squid proxy server which usually runs fine, except for one page
    > on one site with the name of Readme.html.
    >
    > Squid returns the MIME type of this file as text/plain, despite being
    > explicitly told in /etc/squid/mime.conf that anything ending with html
    > should be text/html.
    >
    > I have tried resetting squids cache (by means of deleting and recreating
    > the /var/spool/squid directory), clearing store.log, and client -m PURGE
    > commands, but to no avail.
    >
    > Is there a generic solution to this type of problem?
    >
    > thanks,
    > Greg

+ Reply to Thread