I have just upgraded squid to Version 2.5.STABLE5 on a freebsd 4.10
box

When i did this my external auth_param program stopped working.

When a user requests a site i prompts for the username password like
usual but then just hangs after it is entered. The access.log shows
the site being denied.

I was using

auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth -b
cn=Users,dc=skm,dc=harmonygold,dc=com,dc=au -D
cn=unix_services,cn=users,dc=skm,dc=harmonygold,dc =com,dc=au -w
*****-f (&(sAMAccountName=%s)(memberOf=cn=SKM_In
ternet_Access,cn=Users,dc=skm,dc=harmonygold,dc=co m,dc=au)) skm-k1

which worked fine before.

Thinking it may have been the squid_ldap_auth program ( and i already
desired to use winbind) i used this as an excuse to set up wb_ntlmauth

I set up samba version 2.2.9 and got the required response from the
/usr/local/libexec/squid/wb_auth from the command line

However when trying to access a web page i get the same problem as
before. The prompt for login comes up, you enter it in and then it
hangs.

While is hanging squid is chewing up a lot of CPU

Can anyone please make some suggestions as to what i can try or check
to get this to work again

thankyou

Murray