How to Stop bypassing Proxy server? - squid

This is a discussion on How to Stop bypassing Proxy server? - squid ; Some of the users at my location are accessing the Internet by bypassing the in-house proxy server. They are just typing the upstream proxy server IP address and port number in browser and accessing the Internet. How can I prohibit ...

  1. How to Stop bypassing Proxy server?

    Some of the users at my location are accessing the Internet by
    bypassing the in-house proxy server. They are just typing the upstream
    proxy server IP address and port number in browser and accessing the
    Internet. How can I prohibit such activities? My network is on
    192.168.7.0 and IP address of upstream proxy server is 195.2.104.7
    (take these IP addresses as an example). I can access 195.2.104.0
    network from my location. I am using Squid Proxy server on Linux
    RH8.Can anyone suggests use of IPTABLES to achieve this?

  2. Re: How to Stop bypassing Proxy server?

    not sure with iptables but with ipchains it would look something like:

    ipchains -I output -p tcp -s 192.168.7.0/24 -d 195.2.104.7/32 -j DENY

    "ssp2000" wrote in message
    news:62e8bd5a.0405302054.2ed83b44@posting.google.c om...
    > Some of the users at my location are accessing the Internet by
    > bypassing the in-house proxy server. They are just typing the upstream
    > proxy server IP address and port number in browser and accessing the
    > Internet. How can I prohibit such activities? My network is on
    > 192.168.7.0 and IP address of upstream proxy server is 195.2.104.7
    > (take these IP addresses as an example). I can access 195.2.104.0
    > network from my location. I am using Squid Proxy server on Linux
    > RH8.Can anyone suggests use of IPTABLES to achieve this?

+ Reply to Thread