bandwithlimit, hard volume limit, traffic stats - squid

This is a discussion on bandwithlimit, hard volume limit, traffic stats - squid ; dear list, im about to investigate squids features in order to implement a mixture of bandwithlimit in combination with a hard download limit assigned to acls. this came up since apaches mod_throttle didn't work that pretty as it could have ...

  1. bandwithlimit, hard volume limit, traffic stats

    dear list,

    im about to investigate squids features in order to implement a mixture
    of bandwithlimit in combination with a hard download limit assigned to
    acls. this came up since apaches mod_throttle didn't work that pretty as
    it could have (for sure, i wasn't smart enough to get it that way).

    what i want is users consuming a defined bandwith as long as they are
    below their download volume. crossing that border (any given volume, say
    5 gb) should give them a deny_info. well, delay pools working hand in
    hand with regex acls determining file extensions will do fine for the
    bandwith part. as delay pools can be assigned to any acl it should work
    in some way for authenticated users.

    my question is about the hard volume limit. there were some postings in
    the past, but i did not find any solution so far. does anyone of you
    know a helper or patch that does the trick?

    thanks in advance for any idea.

    regards

    sebastian

  2. Re: bandwithlimit, hard volume limit, traffic stats

    found something matching for the hardlimit myself: squid2mysql
    (http://evc.fromru.com/squid2mysql/). install runs not smooth, but it
    seems to fit.

    Sebastian Pein wrote:
    > dear list,
    >
    > im about to investigate squids features in order to implement a mixture
    > of bandwithlimit in combination with a hard download limit assigned to
    > acls. this came up since apaches mod_throttle didn't work that pretty as
    > it could have (for sure, i wasn't smart enough to get it that way).
    >
    > what i want is users consuming a defined bandwith as long as they are
    > below their download volume. crossing that border (any given volume, say
    > 5 gb) should give them a deny_info. well, delay pools working hand in
    > hand with regex acls determining file extensions will do fine for the
    > bandwith part. as delay pools can be assigned to any acl it should work
    > in some way for authenticated users.
    >
    > my question is about the hard volume limit. there were some postings in
    > the past, but i did not find any solution so far. does anyone of you
    > know a helper or patch that does the trick?
    >
    > thanks in advance for any idea.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > sebastian

+ Reply to Thread