Squid port 3128 not listening - squid

This is a discussion on Squid port 3128 not listening - squid ; I have configured http_port to 3128 and set http_access to allow all. I start the squid service and it appears to start but when I do an nmap on port 3128 and ran netstat and it remains closed. Has any ...

  1. Squid port 3128 not listening

    I have configured http_port to 3128 and set http_access to allow all.
    I start the squid service and it appears to start but when I do an
    nmap on port 3128 and ran netstat and it remains closed. Has any one
    experienced this before. I am a Linux newbie running on Gentoo.

  2. Re: Squid port 3128 not listening

    devendra@netzero.com (dev) wrote in message news:...
    > I have configured http_port to 3128 and set http_access to allow all.
    > I start the squid service and it appears to start but when I do an
    > nmap on port 3128 and ran netstat and it remains closed. Has any one
    > experienced this before. I am a Linux newbie running on Gentoo.

    thanks for the help guys. error typing in an invaild character in the
    hostname which caused the service to not start completely

+ Reply to Thread