[squid-users] blocking sites - squid

This is a discussion on [squid-users] blocking sites - squid ; hi all i am running Squid Cache: Version 2.4.STABLE1. I've tried to implement a block to porn sites using the acls with the following entries : acl porn1 url_regex /usr/local/squid/etc/porn1 http_access deny porn1 http_access allow all but it doesn't seem ...

  1. [squid-users] blocking sites

    hi all

    i am running Squid Cache: Version 2.4.STABLE1.

    I've tried to implement a block to porn sites using the acls with the
    following entries :

    acl porn1 url_regex /usr/local/squid/etc/porn1
    http_access deny porn1
    http_access allow all

    but it doesn't seem to work.....(no errors....i am just able to browse
    to any site from the blocked url list)

    can anyone assist?

    rgds,
    hement gopal

  2. Re: [squid-users] blocking sites

    Hement Gopal wrote:
    > hi all
    >
    > i am running Squid Cache: Version 2.4.STABLE1.
    >
    > I've tried to implement a block to porn sites using the acls with the
    > following entries :
    >
    > acl porn1 url_regex /usr/local/squid/etc/porn1
    > http_access deny porn1
    > http_access allow all
    >
    > but it doesn't seem to work.....(no errors....i am just able to browse
    > to any site from the blocked url list)
    >
    > can anyone assist?
    >
    > rgds,
    > hement gopal

    Hi Hement,

    The location of your blocked sites file should be in quotes,
    i.e. "/usr/local/squid/etc/porn1".
    Within the porn1 file itself make sure that each of the sites
    listed is preceeded by a dot and listed top down (each site has its own
    line.
    i.e.
    ..porn.com
    ..bustybabes.com