hi list...

i've been seeing some threads where de-activation
and/or NO creation of the /swap paritition is
recommended in ensuring the system doesn't swap..

as i am preparing to setup my machine for high end
Squid caching, would it be wise for me to follow the
same approach, despite the fact that i will have some
1.6GB of RAM..?..

typically, i configure 512MB swap partitions on my
Linux systems.. following on the advice in relative
threads, should i create a /swap partition and turn it
off in the filesystem table, or not create the /swap
partition altogether..?.

all help appreciated..

Mark.