Re: [squid-users] WARNING: Disk space over limit in Version 2.5.STABLE5 - squid

This is a discussion on Re: [squid-users] WARNING: Disk space over limit in Version 2.5.STABLE5 - squid ; > > > > On 02.04 18:00, Raphael Maseko wrote: > > > > > Does anyone know if there is a fix for the ?WARNING: Disk space over limit:? > > > > > in 2.5.STABLE5? > > > ...

  1. Re: [squid-users] WARNING: Disk space over limit in Version 2.5.STABLE5

    On 05.04 13:25, Elsen Marc wrote:
    > The reason for my reply is that you are hitting the ball wrong :
    >
    > The messages comes from Squid not the OS and hence the issue
    > reported is SQUID related.

    That's why I asked where do you see this error. You didn't explicitly tell
    us that the error war in cache_log. I saw similar message in kernel logs
    on some systems so I thought maybe this is the problem.

    > If disk quota would play a roll, and SQUID would be enforced
    > to use >OS< related disk quota then various other problems
    > would occur when squid would exhaust this value, such
    > as the ability to write 'swap' files, write in log files
    > e.d. Which would probably lead to 'fatal' conditions, I presume.

    If you reach the quota, you are just unable to write and all your
    attempts fail. It's up to the program trying to write what it will do
    then.

    I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.

  2. Re: [squid-users] WARNING: Disk space over limit in Version 2.5.STABLE5

    If there are some "rebuilding" entries in the log, just wait until
    100% are reached... Working?
    If not: First stop squid. Then rm or mv the file "swap.state" from
    squid cache folder. Starting squid will build new cache.

    uhlar@fantomas.sk (Matus UHLAR - fantomas) wrote in message news:...

    > > > !!!!!!!

    > On 05.04 13:25, Elsen Marc wrote:
    > > The reason for my reply is that you are hitting the ball wrong :
    > >
    > > The messages comes from Squid not the OS and hence the issue
    > > reported is SQUID related.

    > That's why I asked where do you see this error. You didn't explicitly tell
    > us that the error war in cache_log. I saw similar message in kernel logs
    > on some systems so I thought maybe this is the problem.
    >
    > > If disk quota would play a roll, and SQUID would be enforced
    > > to use >OS< related disk quota then various other problems
    > > would occur when squid would exhaust this value, such
    > > as the ability to write 'swap' files, write in log files
    > > e.d. Which would probably lead to 'fatal' conditions, I presume.

    > If you reach the quota, you are just unable to write and all your
    > attempts fail. It's up to the program trying to write what it will do
    > then.

+ Reply to Thread