Erm... Hi

I'm primarily interested in using Squid in a similar fashion to sites such as or, and the owner of the Cloak recommended that I try Squid.

But from what I've read in the FAQs for Squid is that its used in a similar way to LAN Proxies, (IE > Tools > Connection) rather than a web-accessable one like

Or is it both?

Either way, I've got some Linux space with SSH access with Squid extracted (but not compiled or installed *yet*)

So if someone could get in touch with me and walk me through the basics of configuring it like I'd appreciate it I'm