I have an issue with two client machines at the company I work for. All
clients are configured to "Automatically Detect Settings" in IE 6 sp1.
Of the two clients, one of them flat out cannot access the internet
through the proxy unless I explicitly specify the proxy information and
have nothing else checked. The other client, works with Automatically
Detect Settings, but he has to launch a shortcut from his favorites, or a
shortcut from his local machine, or type in an address in the Start -> run
dialog, or from the address toolbar on his start menu.

Anyone heard of such a thing(s) or has any insight as to what might be
causing this. I would certainly appreciate any direction.

Regards,

Tim Rainier