[squid-users] sites on different ports - squid

This is a discussion on [squid-users] sites on different ports - squid ; Hi, I use squid on my Mandrake 9.1 server which has few acls for my users. Now, the problem is that my users need to access a domain with, https://web.example.net:7443 https://designs.example.net:8443 It does not work when they have squid server's ...

  1. [squid-users] sites on different ports

    Hi,
    I use squid on my Mandrake 9.1 server which has few acls for my users.
    Now, the problem is that my users need to access a domain with,
    https://web.example.net:7443
    https://designs.example.net:8443

    It does not work when they have squid server's setting in their browsers
    (IE), but when I remove those setting the site is visible. What is
    wrong? squid works extremly well in other cases. What exact changes do I
    need to make in squid to make it work without removing the settings in
    browsers all the time?

    With warm regards,
    -Payal

  2. Re: [squid-users] sites on different ports

    Hi,

    Maybe you have to add the non default ports to squid.conf

    acl SSL_ports 443 7443 8443
    acl Safe_ports 7443
    acl Safe_ports 8443

    Regards,
    Peter

    "Payal Rathod" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I use squid on my Mandrake 9.1 server which has few acls for my users.
    > Now, the problem is that my users need to access a domain with,
    > https://web.example.net:7443
    > https://designs.example.net:8443
    >
    > It does not work when they have squid server's setting in their browsers
    > (IE), but when I remove those setting the site is visible. What is
    > wrong? squid works extremly well in other cases. What exact changes do I
    > need to make in squid to make it work without removing the settings in
    > browsers all the time?
    >
    > With warm regards,
    > -Payal

+ Reply to Thread