Hello,

> Examples on how most of these can be accessed can be found in
> ClientHttpRequest::logRequest() and clientPrepareLogWithRequestDetails()
> (both found in client_side.cc) where the information is prepared for
> logging in access.log.

Thanks Henrik - This was the lead I needed!

I found the code for access to the username in
clientPrepareLogWithRequestDetails and added another case in
errorConvert to pass the username:

case 'C':
if (r->auth_user_request) {
if (authenticateUserRequestUsername(r->auth_user_request))
p =
xstrdup(authenticateUserRequestUsername(r->auth_user_request));
authenticateAuthUserRequestUnlock(r->auth_user_request);
r->auth_user_request = NULL;
} else {
p = "[unknown]";
}
break;

So now my query string:

URL=http://216.19.43.110/cgi-bin/squidsearch/FD_Handler.cgi?url=%U&ident=%C

passes the username in %C

RESULTS FROM FD_Handler.cgi : 'QUERY_STRING :
url=http://www.usatoday.com/&ident=otrcomm'

Thanks for your help and patience,

Murrah Boswell