Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 martin.mueller@stadt.wolfsburg.de wrote:
>

>>we got two webservers an differnet ports and of course different ip's.
>>i wannted to put a reverse-proxyx in front of them to cache some requests
>>but i think this is nor what i mentionted in the postings so far?
>>

>As the servers is on different ports the setup with Squid-2.5 is a little
>tricky, but only a little.
>
>There is two possible approaches
>
>a) Use two http_port directives, one per port, and use the virtual port
>accelerator mode.

Henrik,

Would you elaborate on point (a)?

I have a case here where I would like to do something similar.

1 Squid firewall machine. Internet: 24.115.66.100 Intranet:
192.168.20.10
2 Internal Web Servers.
E-Mail server: 192.168.20.8:80
Calendar server: 192.168.20.9:81

I can if need be re-align the Calendar server to port 80, but...

So far I have tried the virtual

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_single_host off
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

For now though, I resulted to allow access to one host and have used our
old Netscape Proxy 3.6sp3 for the other server.
My current Squid config is:

httpd_accel_host email.komatsu.ca
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_single_host on
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

I found the documents opaque on the transparent proxy issue where more
than one internal host is concerned.
If I can solve this issue I can dump the Netscape proxy. :^)

Thanks

Tim.

Timothy E. Neto
Computer Systems Engineer Komatsu Canada Limited
Ph#: 905-625-6292 x265 1725B Sismet Road
Fax: 905-625-6348 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
E-Mail: tneto@komatsu.ca L4W 1P9