I currently use a snapshot from 24/02/2004. Actually, I think that the
problem is not NTLM, or not directly: it seems that this client (IE6)
looses its proxy parameters during a session. This is why the site beco=
mes
unreachable as the proxy is mandatory to go outside. I've seen some log=
s of
this client on the firewall.
The thing is that it doesn't happen with our production proxy which is =
Squid 2.4 with ident, and this is why I thought it was related to NTLM
which is the main difference between the test proxy and the production =
one.
But all the other clients (NT+IE5 or IE6, some WinXP) work fine.

I keep on investigating

---
St=E9phane Davy - Consultant Alc=F4ve

Architecture technique
BICS - Banque Populaire

=
=
=20
Henrik Nordstrom =
=
=20
Pour : sdavy@bics.fr =
=
=20
cc : Henrik Nordstrom <=
hno@squid-cache.org>, =
=20
25/02/2004 11:23 Objet : Re: [squid-use=
rs] R=E9f. : Re: [squid-users] NTLM auth failed only for some client =
=20
=
=
=20
=
=
=20

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 sdavy@bics.fr wrote:

> I use the ntlm_auth from Samba-3.0.1, but I'll switch to 3.0.2.

Also try switching to a current Squid-2.5 snapshot release (2004-02-25 =
or
later). There has been quite many NTLM related bug fixes in the last
weeks.

Regards
Henrik

=