I use the ntlm_auth from Samba-3.0.1, but I'll switch to 3.0.2.
Regarding the failure, I think I wasn't precise enough: Squid doesn't
crash, and the client doesn't have any popup, but it can not access the=

site: this one seems to be unreachable. After restarting the browser,
that's ok. I'll use squid -k debug the next time this client fails.

---
St=E9phane Davy - Consultant Alc=F4ve

Architecture technique
BICS - Banque Populaire
01 64 54 69 29

=
=
=20
Henrik Nordstrom =
=
=20
Pour : Henrik Nordstr=
om =
=20
cc : sdavy@bics.fr, uid-users@squid-cache.org> =
=20
24/02/2004 18:46 Objet : Re: [squid-use=
rs] NTLM auth failed only for some client =
=20
=
=
=20
=
=
=20

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 sdavy@bics.fr wrote:
>
> > OK, I'll try the snapshot as I still got a failure a few minutes ag=

o.

> Which ntlm helper are you using?

There is also yet another ntlm related patch published a few minutes ag=
o,
but I do not think this is related to your problem (or at least not unl=
ess
you see your Squid crashing, not only a auth popup in the browser)

Of the ntlm helpers available only the winbind helpers are known to be
stable, and it is recommended to use ntlm_auth from Samba-3.0.2.

Regards
Henrik

=