On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Eric Kahklen wrote:

> #SQUID 3.0
> # I HAD TO PUT THESE IN PLACE DUE TO ERRORS I GOT WHEN TRYING TO START
> SQUID.
> #I DIDN'T COMPILE IT MYSELF, I USED THE PACKAGE
> # THAT CAME WITH sUSE 9.0 PROFESSIONAL
> cache_replacement_policy heap
> memory_replacement_policy heap

Are you saying there is a Squid-3.0 package shipping from SuSE, and which
is only built with support for the heap policies? Gulp... (on both)

> # THIS IS A TEST TO SEE IF I COULD GET TO A SIMPLE HTML PAGE IN A
> DIFFERENT IIS DIRECTORY
> http_port 80 defaultsite=owaserver/squid

defaultsite= only accepts a server name. If you need to rewrite the
URL-path of the request you should use a redirector. If you can it is
strongly adviced to stay away from such rewrites, and I very much doubt
that OWA will accept it without loud complains and many failures..

This directive works together with the vhost option to define the server
name.

with vhost defaultsite only specifies the default server name in case the
client did not specify a Host: header.

without the vhost directive it specifies the server name.

> # AS I UNDERSTAND IT, THIS IS WHAT REPLACED THE HTTPD_ACCEL* REFERENCES
> https_port 443 cert=/etc/squid/key-cert.pem defaultsite=owaserver/exchange
> cache_peer owaserver parent 80 0 proxy-only front-end-https=on login=pass

You need the originserver option there as well to tell to Squid that the
owaserver is a origin server, not a proxy server.

Regards
Henrik