--=======4CBA20D8=======

Hi,

At 18.12 21/02/2004, Scott Phalen wrote:

>Actually, it is a mirror of Microsoft's Update Service. All updates (my
>concern is Critical Updates) are downloaded locally and by changing the
>"wuserver" registry key on the client machine, they get their critical
>updates via MSUS locally. Essentially the same as going out to Microsoft's
>servers but saving loads of bandwidth.

Again, I know MS SUS, I'm a SUS 2.0 beta tester !!!

>Is there a way to redirect a specific URL in squid to a web server inside
>the network?

Again NO:

- SUS doesn't mirror all Windows Update services contents
- All updates are digitally signed and verified, so you cannot fake the
Windows update site: Your clients will search for ORIGINAL Windows updates
Digital Signatures, not for the Digital signatures generated from SUS.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l.
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/