--=======E144A75=======

Hi,

At 15.18 21/02/2004, Scott Phalen wrote:

>I have two Windows Update servers internal in my network. By changing
>certain registry keys I can have the clients use those servers to download
>updates. Unfortunately I have 3000+ computers and changing them all is
>nearly impossible.

I think you are using two Software Update Services (SUS) installation.

>Does anyone have a config I could use to redirect all
>windowsupdate.microsoft.com updates OR a link to show me how to create this
>config?

I think that this cannot be done for many reasons:

- SUS doesn't mirror all Windows Update services
- All updates are digitally signed and verified, so you cannot fake the
Windows update site.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l.
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/