Greetings,

I downloaded and installed Squid3.0 and it works!

I can redirect to a backend server running https and the
web pages come up fine.

The problem I now have is that the accelerator works perfectly and hides
the fact that the client is connecting to an https server. =20

Somehow I don't think that's what I want.

Is there a way to hide all redirections from the clients browser's =
except those
going to an https server?

Doesn't the Client need to "see" https in the URL in order to securely =
transmit a=20
password for instance?

I guess the only way to handle this is to have a hyperlink on a page =
directly to=20
the https server and bypass Squid altogether.

If this shows a gross ignorance of the process, I confess.
Perhaps someone can set me straight.

Thank you,
John Kent