Greetings,

I am using Squid as a front-end accelerator on top of a server farm.
Wanted to re-direct to an https enabled Apache Server.
Squid is in a "DMZ" and talks to the server farm through a firewall.
The Apache server was set up independently of Squid, by which I mean
I created the keys and certificates for it only.

It works fine when accessed directly.

Per the FAQ, I rebuilt my Squid enabling ssl

../squid -v now gives =3D3D
>Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE4

configure options: --prefix=3D3D/users/webuser/www_squid =3D
--enable-storeio=3D3Ddiskd,ufs --enable-ssl --with-openssl=3D3D/usr/lib

When the redirection occurs get the following error page from Squid:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: =3D
=3D20
The following error was encountered:=3D20
* Unsupported Request Method and Protocol=3D20
Squid does not support all request methods for all access protocols. For =
=3D
example, you can not POST a Gopher request.=3D20

Clicking on the "trying to retrieve" URL above works fine.

Any suggestions?

Obviously I'm missing a great deal here.
If there is more information that I have failed to read, I accept all=20
criticism, but would appreciate the link to
the applicable reference.

Thank you,

John Kent
Webmaster